Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Plan.

Of course as a poor college student (but not because we so often forget were privileged to attend college in the first place) skint college student I have devised ways to avoid all work possible. Running around the city of Chicago, having impromptu dance parties to 90's boy bands, and of course the internet. And on the internet, the geniuses of the cyber world constructed a website that every time you click a button, a random website is generated. The name of such a crazy contraption you ask? Well, Stumbleupon.com of course! Now be careful you crazy kids and take it easy. Although Stumble.com does not give you a virus, there are vicious users out there who try to work around the operators and mess your computer. Trust. Firsthand experience here.

I was "stumbling" one day and I came across one of the most amazing ideas someone has ever dreamed up!Her name is Robyn and she is a genius. The blog post title is "How I Celebrated My Birthday (aka 38 random acts of Robyn)". In a nutshell, she designated 38 random acts of kindness that she spread throughout her community on her birthday. I swelled up with mushy-ness as I looked at the pictures and read the story of the 38 acts.

AND THEN IT HAPPENED. In October, I will be celebrating my 21st birthday which also happens to be my second GOLDEN birthday!!! (10-10-10). I never enjoyed or cared to partake in spirits and alcohol, so that was definitely out of the question. I had been considering what to do for a while, and with the help of Robyn, I finally knew what I was going to do.


THE PLAN. 
On my 21st Golden Birthday, I will be doing:
21 Things for [my] 21st.
So, stay tuned! I will be debuting my list 1 item at a time, some come from inspiration of Robyn and some are really special to me.
Let's enjoy this journey to my:
21 Things


visit Robyn's blog!
http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2AS8vS/mixmingleglow.com/blog%3Fp%3D1358

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this idea! (and you too!). Good Luck! and you certainly inspired me to do more random acts in my daily life.

    ReplyDelete