Monday, September 13, 2010

20. and 19. The Great Coin Exchange

I really like my title! (ha!)
In the city of Chicago parking is no longer based on a meter system. Mayor Daly sold the rights to the meters to a private company that now over charges (albeit true) the cars of Chicago. But these hideous boxes have these small change return holes. At least once a week, I see people who are homeless or even college students checking these trays for spare change someone may have forgotten. So, I decided that that I am going to leave 50 cents in each of these pay boxes that I come across. Hopefully, I can help someone park who is short change or help someone buy something to eat. Either way, every little cent counts.


I am also going to do the same in pop machines around my campus. How many times have you gone to grab a Pepsi and you are short on change. So, the birthday fairy shall strike again!
21 for 21!

No comments:

Post a Comment